Thursday, June 13, 2013

Crafter's ADD or Procrastination?

Sometimes I am horrible at finishing things, just ask my husband. Lets take cleaning for instance, I will start to clean the kitchen and I notice that one of my cupboards is dirty. Instead of finishing the kitchen I will spend an hour on one cupboard. Then there are the kids to take care of and I just forget about cleaning the kitchen all together. I get sidetracked very easily and nothing in my house gets done, but hey... at least I cleaned out one of the cupboards.

I do the same thing when it comes to crafts. I will start making a dress and then find this really cool blanket pattern on Pinterest, then the dress sits in my closet for a few months because I have forgotten I was working on it. Pinterest is awesome but it will probably be the death of m... Ooh, that looks like a nice project... now where was I?

I find so many cool things on there that I want to do and I never finish any of them. I wonder if I have crafter's Attention Deficit Disorder. Does anyone know if there is medication to help with this? I guess I am just going to have to rein myself in and finish one project before I start another one. Did I mention I spent a few days last month cleaning my craft room? There are so many unfinished projects sitting in there that I could probably fill my car with them. I have at least 3 unfinished quilts sitting in a box and I also found a baby cocoon I started making when I found out I was pregnant with Alice. (By the way... Alice is 14 months old now)

Well I better go finish that dress... or clean.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment