Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crochet a Beanie


Since Christmas is not far away I have been looking for gifts to make for my loved ones and honestly I am freaking out a little. I guess I didn't realize how little time we really have until the holidays are here. So this week I have been doing a lot of crocheting (mostly because I am tired of sitting in front of my sewing machine) and I found this awesome beanie tutorial on YouTube by Crochet Geek. I am not very good at crocheting but I like to pick it up every now and then just to make sure that I still suck. 
This hat took me 2 hours

If you are still learning like me this is a good tutorial for you, so here it is. Crochet Geek also has some great tutorials on the basics of crocheting. 

The only problem I really had with this project was getting enough time to just sit and finish it. It only took me about 2 hours but if I had waited for my son to take a nap it might of moved along faster. I spent a lot of time chasing him around the house as he ran away with my yarn or crochet hook. 

And just for fun here is one of the other projects I'm working on. New pj's for Charlie! They are going to be footy pj's when they are all done. I still have to cut down the legs and the arms because the pattern I used was way too big, then I need to add the feet and the trim. I don't have much left to do and I hope to get it done sometime this week if I can find time. 

















Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment