Saturday, November 12, 2011

Wreath

I am so excited for the holidays, it is my favorite time of year! I love the cold weather, hot cocoa, Christmas lights and the cookies. Since we are so close to Christmas time I thought I would do an easy tutorial on wreath making. 

This is a very simple project and it didn't cost me more than 6 bucks. The materials you will need are
-1 wreath (I bought one from the dollar store)
-Yarn (You wont need more than half a skein of  yarn)
-Hot glue gun
-Decorations of your choice for the wreath.
-Wreath hanger (I also found this at the dollar store)
I bought this wreath at the dollar store but you can find foam wreaths at your local craft store for about 5 bucks and up.

Tie a knot around your wreath to
 keep your yarn secure.

Wrap the yarn around the wreath

Wrap some more...
and more...
When I had about 10 inches left to wrap,
I added in some silver berries. 

I cut the most of the stem off of the berries
 leaving  about 2 or 3 inches,
then  I stuffed the end into the wreath 


This is what it looks like close up.

Next I started wrapping around the berries
until the first cluster looked like this.
Then I pulled the remainder of the stem up
and wrapped the under it the .   

Hot glue the end of the yarn and berries
down to keep it from unraveling.
Add any other decorations you want
then hang it on your door. 
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment